Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Hello everyone, Well, can't sleep so I thought I'd just update my blog. As of last blog, the tests were all done and I was waiting on results. Well, let me back up a little. Friday evening, we didn't get to go to the rodeo. Caleb fell and broke his wrist-a buckle fracture. He was so very brave in ER and on Monday, he got a blue cast with a red stripe. That's exactly what he wanted. The Dr. had him supervise putting it on. He (Caleb) is so sweet. Do you know they have been praying about this cancer. God is so sweet. Anyway, he can still swim so he was thrilled to death. In fact, he went yesterday afternoon!!! Anyway, moving on. The results are in-glad finally but I've just been waiting on the Lord. There is no cancer in my abdomen. There is a little cancer in my sternum, Dr. Laidley will be removing the cancerous lymph node on the right along with a few others to check them. They haven't "staged" the cancer yet, so that will happen. The lymph node on the left may come out too. I will have chemo in order to kill the cells in the sternum. How can my witness be real effective if I don't go through all the stages of cancer- like chemo? I have to be able to empathize with others. Anyway, surgery is supposed to be next week so I'll keep everyone posted.
My brother crossed the gulf today heading back from Key West. It was a long day for him and the dog, I'm sure. He doesn't want to be around for any storms that maybe heading across the Atlantic-like Colin. I'm glad he's closer. Keep him in your prayers as he travels west.
We're taking the kids to the circus I think on Saturday. They don't know it yet. We'll ride DART and go to the American Airlines Center. Should be fun. Zachary, I'm sure, will be amazed.
Tonight we went to the Purple Cow and watched outside the water/music/light show. It was enjoyable and then we went and had ice cream. Everyone's asleep but me!!! (and the others out driving on the road).
With it being so late, I hope the raccoon comes to check out the feeders. I keep watching for him/her. They are so much fun to watch.
Caitlyn and Caleb both baked a cake in Caitlyn's easy bake oven. It was a fun-fetti cake and they iced them. They turned out really good. That machine is amazing-who would have ever thought that you could bake a cake using a powerful light bulb! Caitlyn wants to make the pretzels next. She loves to cook with me and I'm so glad she does. Well, gonna try and get some sleep so you all sleep well also.

No comments: