Monday, August 09, 2010

Well, here I am again. I've had a great day. Did some errands with a friend and laughed a lot. I'm very excited also. On Wed. we are taking the kids to the C. R. Smith museum and also to the American Airlines training center. I'm taking some historical things to the museum which is all about American Airlines. Then we are going to the training center to read and see the "wall" that they have there for employees that have done a lot of good things not only for AA but also for the preservation of our great country and many history things. That's where my dad fits in. He was very active with his 33 years of flying for AA. He also did many great and wonderful things for his fellow human beings. It will be so neat to see "the wall" again because it's been years since we were allowed to go into the training center for the pilots as well as the flight attendants. Caleb is very excited and so is Caitlyn. They want to learn all about the good things that Grandpa Brown did while he was alive and the lasting impressions that my dad left on people. One of the things my dad did was to save an airplane, crew, passengers back in the 70's when he was hit by a tornado. There was no knowledge at the time about "straight line winds" and not only did daddy experience a tornado in the air but also experienced the first straight line winds that everyone survived. He received not 1 but 2 distinguished awards from AA for doing what he did to help in the survival of everyone. This is a man that barely got out of high school!! My dad was a brillant man. He was also a great history buff. I could go on and on about him and all the wonderful things he did in his life. The kids and I were working on the "ministry opportunity" that our church is doing in a couple of weeks. They both picked out 2 sets of clothes for boys and girls, help purchase new socks, underwear, etc. We took it all to church today along with the water they need, cookies also. They were very happy to be serving others. I'm so glad they are here. I told them they could even help me after surgery and they are so willing to be involved. Thank you Lord for these 2 wonderful kids. I'm going to have to change my description of myself because we are expecting another grandbaby in March. While Kimberly and I were looking at "the blob with a heartbeat" I was searching for a pink bow. Nothing yet-ha. It won't be til October that we hopefully will find out what "it" is. Right now, it is Baby C #2. Caleb and Caitlyn were so thrilled to find out about another cousin!!! Excited isn't a word I'd use-more like delirious!!! When they come in the spring, the baby should be here. That's so neat for them to be here about the time it comes. Well, I'm going to go for now. That's all the news I have. I'm at peace with this week, looking forward to moving on, and I know that Jesus is holding my hand and leading me into this next valley. It's going to be okay. He is in control. Love you all and thank you for reading my blog.

1 comment:

The Retired Mama said...

I love your blog! It is so nice to read about your daily life and the joys you have. We find out this Friday if Chêz is having a girl or a boy. I am so hoping for a girl. What fun I can have shipping and sewing for her. A boy will be nice, and probably less expensive for me but when I had my daughters I could not afford much for things like smocked dresses and cute baby shoes. Well now that I am a grandma I can! Hope you and I can go shopping for baby dresses for our grand-daughters together! Oh what fun!